Site Induction Sheet
- You must have a SAFE PASS Card to work on this Project. No Card No Job
- You must have a Construction Skills Card for specified operations on site. Copies of these MUST be given to the site manager (Person Operating Machinery without the proper CSCS card will be subject to disciplinary procedures)
- Safety footwear, safety helmets and hi visibility vests MUST be worn at all times on site as designed without adjustments.
- Hearing protection must be worn when working with or near noisy machinery.
- Eye protection must be worn where ever there is a risk of eye injury cutting, grinding, drilling, using air tools etc.
- Overalls, dust masks, and heavy-duty gloves must be worn when working with / or near chemicals.
- Work is NOT PERMITTED at a height where personal injury could occur unless a risk assessment has been completed and fall protection measures identified and put in place.
- TIES / HANDRAILS / TOEBOARDS, etc. MUST NOT BE REMOVED WITHOUT THE AUTHORISATION OF SITE MANAGEMENT – FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL FROM SITE. Only Scaffolders are allowed to erect or modify scaffolding on site.
- Harnesses must be worn on all MEWP’s, Scissors lifts and booms.
- Mobile Tower Scaffolds should only be used if they are structurally complete. Wheels are to be locked at all times on mobile tower scaffolds. Never stand on the handrails of the mobile tower scaffolds. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN DISCIPLINARY ACTION
- Mobile phones are not permitted to be used while operating machinery on site.
- All tools on site must be 110v or less unless otherwise approved in writing by Site Management.
- Work may not take place within the hazard zone of overhead power lines unless a method statement has been completed and communicated to operatives involved.
- No operative is permitted to enter into any restricted area on site without authorisation from site management. Failure to comply will result in immediate dismissal from site
- YOU MUST report any situation / operation / plant / equipment you think is dangerous on this project.
- You are NOT PERMITTED to carry out on works on this Project, if you have not been specifically trained to carry out those works.
- Safe access and egress MUST be maintained at all times, this means ensuring that rubbish and materials are kept clear of access routes at all times.
- Housekeeping is your responsibility, keep your own work areas tidy at all times and remove waste to the designated skips throughout the day. Work areas must be cleaned at the end of each day before you go home. Please use the bins provided in the car park for disposing of rubbish. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL FROM SITE.
- All accidents must be reported to Site management, as soon as possible after the accident.
- Floor Openings must be securely covered / hand railed when left unattended.
- All ladders must be tied or footed whilst being in use. A frame ladders to be used for access only and not as a working platform.
- Site Safety Officer reserves the right to stop work if it is deemed that work will pose a threat to health and safety of persons on site or third parties. This will include areas where housekeeping is deemed to be poor.
- All personnel have a responsibility for their own safety and the safety of others. You must conduct yourselves accordingly.
- Any persons who engage in horseplay or wilfully endanger others by their actions or neglect will be disciplined.
- Any enquiry from a member of the public must be referred to Site Management.
- Any person found to be under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs will be removed from site immediately and disciplinary action taken.
- First Aid is available in the site office.
- Canteen / washing facilities and toilets are available in the compound – PLEASE KEEP THEM CLEAN
- Smoking is not permitted in any Fit-Out areas, Canteens, Drying Room, Toilet or Wash Facilities.
- If an Exclusion zones is in operation on this site, no persons may enter without a written permit – unauthorised entry into the exclusion zone may result in dismissal from site.
- CRANE & CHERRY PICKER in operation on site must have an exclusion zone in place around their work area. No entry into these areas by other trades is permitted.
- Work Permits: The Following work permits may be in Operation on site: Exclusion Zones; Roof Works; Hot Works; SSWP (Safe System of Work Plans) & Excavations.
- See emergency evacuation plan for means of escape in case of a fire or other occurrence
- Ensure you are fully aware of, comply with, and have signed off on your own company site specific safety statement.
- Assembly point in the event of emergency is at the site entrance.
*Site hours are 8.00am – 7.00pm Monday to Friday & 8.00am – 2.00pm Saturday, No works allowed outside these hours.
* No smoking or consumption of food allowed inside the building, disciplinary action will be taken against all offenders.
THE ABOVE SITE RULES HAVE BEEN COMMUNICATED TO ME. I UNDERSTAND MY RESPONSIBILITIES AND AGREE TO WORK ACCORDINGLY